Dec 14, 2009

3 of 26: Alan Preston

Jewellery on the Brink of a Relationship: 3 of 26
Silver, non-toxic resin, found material, shell
9cm, 6cm, 4cm


December 4, 2009

Dear Alan:

Please accept this piece, Jewellery on the brink of a relationship: December 4 - 18, 2009, as a token of my gratitude. I have admired your work and practice over the past three years and thoroughly enjoyed having you as a tutor and role model.


As you know, my practice has evolved into a series of contemporary jewellery projects that examine relationships and alternative forms of exchange. And in this project I have decided to make ‘thank you notes’ in the form of jewellery. Every fortnight for a year, I send out another thank you.

I am including you because of the extraordinary support you offer your students, and the effort you make to attend most events. It means a lot to have you in our corner.  Getting the chance to soak up your wisdom, generous nature and time is a jewel in itself.

I have come to enjoy the portable, rotating gallery that your jackets provide. Having filled your lapel space (shall we call it the MOMA) you have started utilising your waist pocket to display a second brooch (let’s call that PS1). I hope that this brooch might find a place in the rotation.
Jewellery on the brink of a relationship: 3 of 26
December 4 - 18, 2009

Thank You,

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much Kristin. What a great brooch. Will try to get an image of me wearing. Thanks for your kind comments.
    Best for Christmas,
    Alan.

    ReplyDelete